A Very Bevan Christmas…
Bevan are proud to be able to offer their patients the chance to experience a piece of Bevan kindness this Christmas. The Bevan team have worked together to ensure that no Bevan patient goes without a Christmas experience and will host no less than 5 Christmas lunches and parties as well as distributing hundreds of gifts and selection boxes to marginalised children and families across Yorkshire.
It’s been a huge effort from all the team at Bevan especially our outreach workers and migrant health teams who know better than anyone how hard Christmas can be for socially excluded patients. Bevan patients are often rough sleeping or live without secure housing. Our refugee and asylum seeker patients are many miles from home, separated from love ones and facing an uncertain future. Christmas is a time to remember just how many children and families are vulnerably housed, marginalised and or in the refugee asylum seeking system. Showing people they matter with a gift and spreading even the smallest amount of joy can make a real difference and is Bevan’s way of offering hope and showing humanity to all.
Bevan’s Christmas includes:
- Festive Christmas drop Ins for homeless patients in Leeds and Bradford
- Family lunch and children’s Christmas parties for refugees and asylum seekers hosted at our Wellbeing Centre in Bradford
- Christmas parties for families and children housed in temporary asylum seeker and refugee accommodation across Yorkshire
- Selection boxes are being distributed to marginalised families and children across Yorkshire
- A Christmas gift for every Bevan patient
If you or your organisation would like to get involved to spread joy to Bevan patients please visit our Donate Time, Skills, Things page to find out more.